Operation 1325 har skrivit under NGO Working Group on Women, peace and security öppna brev till FNs medlemsstater. I brevet gavs det rekommendationer för Kvinnor, Fred och Säkerhetsagendan.
De fem centrala rekommendationerna till medlemsstaterna är:
- Take decisive action to prevent conflict, avert crisis and end war.
- Gender equality and the human rights of all women and girls are central to international peace and security.
- Women’s right to full, equal and meaningful participation in all aspects of peace and security, including all formal and informal processes, must be safe-guarded and non-negotiable.
- Defend the legitimacy of the work of all human rights defenders and their role in promoting peace and security, and condemn all attacks against them.
- Meaningful action on women, peace and security requires recognizing the interrelated, inseparable and mutually reinforcing nature of all elements of the WPS agenda, and committing to full implementation